Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply in relation to any purchase you make from us via our website.
“We” are Smith and Goat Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 11813921 and registered office at 4 Cascade Road, Buckhurst Hill, England, IG9 6DX.
When you buy from us you are agreeing to the matters set out below:
We only accept orders when we've checked them
We check all orders received. Our acceptance of an order occurs when you receive an order confirmation from us by e-mail.
Sometimes orders are delayed or cancelled
Sometimes orders may be subject to later dispatch, for example, because a product is unexpectedly out of stock, because you are located outside the UK or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and, if required, refund any sums you have paid.
We charge you when you order
You will own any goods you buy once we have received payment for them in full.
We charge the following for delivery of products:
- Pet bowls are charged at £6.95 (typically delivered by DPD)
- Outlet Sinks are charged at £29.95 (typically delivered by DPD). Full priced sinks are delivered free.
- For other products (unless otherwise stated on our website) the standard UK delivery charge is £3.95 (typically via using Evri)
Deliveries are typically organised twice a week on a 2-to-5-day service. Full priced sinks are made on ordering and carry a 3-4 week standard lead time.
If you have a delivery deadline, let us know and we will endeavour to meet it, noting that faster delivery times may be subject to additional costs.
We deliver anywhere in the UK. Please contact us (on firstname.lastname@example.org) in relation to delivery quotes for other delivery locations.
We'll email you to let you know when your order is dispatched, including the parcel tracking number so you can keep updated with its progress, and manage your own delivery.
If you have any queries once your order is placed, please contact us or email email@example.com using your name and order number in the header of your email. This enables us to respond to you as quickly as possible.
We pass on increases in VAT
If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
We're not responsible for delays outside our control
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won't compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for in advance, but not received, less reasonable costs we have already incurred.
Products can vary slightly from their pictures
A product's true colour, colour distribution, texture or shade may not exactly match that shown on your device or in our marketing or its packaging may be slightly different. For high value items, such as sinks, we recommend you order physical samples to aid your purchasing decision.
Returns and Exchanges
You have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it. This is subject to some conditions and restrictions, as set out below.
Please ensure you include the completed returns form to help our team identify your order. It takes up to five days to process a return though this may be longer without a completed returns form.
Please note that you are responsible for the returns postage cost and the item itself until it is safely signed for by us.
Exchanges - Should you change your mind on your purchase, please complete the returns form and contact us to advise us about the return. You can then purchase the new item via our website. The same conditions and restrictions as refunds apply.
You can't change your mind about an order for:
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised. This includes sinks which are only made once ordered by a customer, to your style and colour specifications.
- sale items (although we may, in relation to sale items, offer a credit note to the same value instead); and
- goods which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
If you change your mind about a product you must let us know no later than 14 days after the day we deliver your product. If the goods are split into several deliveries over different days, the period runs from the day after the last delivery.
To let us know you want to change your mind, contact us at email@example.com.
You must return any products to us within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Returns are at your own cost. You can:
- send the product back to us (Smith & Goat Returns, Unit C2, Lea Road Trading Estate, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1AE), using an established delivery service. If you do this, you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the goods at all or within a reasonable time we won't refund you the price.
- return items in person (to the address above) but please check ahead for opening hours.
For help with returns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you handle the product in a way which would deem it not fit for resale we may reduce your refund, to compensate us for its reduced value. For example, we reduce your refund if the product's condition is not "as new", price tags have been removed, the packaging is damaged, or accessories are missing. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the product, no refund may be due.
If your product is goods that haven't been delivered or that we're collecting from you, we refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days of you telling us you've changed your mind. If your product is goods that you're sending back to us, we refund the cost of the goods (but not carriage/postal costs) to you within 14 days of receiving them back from you. We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don't charge a fee for the refund.
You will receive a refund confirmation email. It can then take up to five days for your card provider to place the money back into your account, although it can be quicker. If you can let us know a return is on its way by emailing email@example.com, it may also speed up the process.
You have rights if there is something wrong with your product
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing a description of the issue, photographs of the damaged product and of the outer packaging it was delivered in. We also ask that you do not return a faulty item without contacting us first so that we can look out for it and resolve any issues as quickly as possible. We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. Your legal rights are summarised below. These are subject to certain exceptions.
Summary of your key legal rights
In relation to goods, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund.
- Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
Concrete care guidelines
The characteristics of concrete products which you buy from us are set out in the Concrete Care and Characteristics guidance (as varied by us from time to time) (the “Guidance”) set out on our website. We are not responsible to you for loss (and will not be obliged to refund or replace any such products) in relation to matters (i) which are part of the natural characteristics of concrete material; and/or (ii) which have arisen as a result of misuse by you and/or a failure properly to maintain the products in accordance with the Guidance.
We can change products and these terms
We can always change a product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- to make minor technical adjustments and improvements. These are changes that don't affect your use of the product; and
We can suspend supply (and you have rights if we do)
We can suspend the supply of a product.
We do this to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes.
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- make changes to the product.
We let you know, may adjust the price and may allow you to terminate.
We contact you in advance to tell you we're suspending supply, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we suspend the product, we adjust the price so you don't pay for it while its suspended. If we suspend supply, or tell you we're going to suspend supply, you can contact us at email@example.com to end the contract and we'll refund any sums you've paid in advance for products you won't receive.
We can withdraw products
We can stop providing a product. We let you know in advance, and we refund any sums you've paid in advance for products which won't be provided.
We can end our contract with you
We can end our contract with you for a product and claim any compensation due to us if:
- you don't make any payment to us when it's due and you still don't make payment within 14 days of our reminding you that payment is due.
- you don't, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information, cooperation, or access that we need to provide the product; or
- you don't, within a reasonable time, either allow us to deliver the product to you or collect it from us.
We're responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected: It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control: As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section, We're not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Avoidable: Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action.
- A business loss: It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft, or profession.
We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice
How we use any personal data you give us is set out in our Privacy Notice: www.smithandgoat.co.uk/pages/privacy-policy
You have several options for resolving disputes with us
If you have any problems with your product(s) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve them.
Alternative dispute resolution is an optional process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you're not satisfied with the outcome of any alternative dispute resolution, you can still go to court.
These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
Other important terms apply to our contract
We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your product. We'll tell you in writing if this happens and we'll ensure that the transfer won't affect your rights under the contract.
You can only transfer your contract with us to someone else if we agree to this.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you're not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can't do it later.