Collecting Personal Information
Our shop platform is run by Shopify inc. When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including your web browser, IP address, time zone and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Your data is stored by Shopify itself.
Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with it.
We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
See the list below for more information about what Personal Information we collect and why.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with our website.
- Purpose of collection: to load our website accurately for you, and to perform analytics on site usage to optimise our website.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our website using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and our delivery services (including but not limited to Myhermes and Royal Mail.)
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers which is held as encrypted data, stored only as long as is necessary to complete the transaction, at which point it is removed), email address and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and our delivery services (including but not limited to MyHermes and Royal Mail.)
Customer Support Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above.
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: policies.google.com/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
This website is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
When you place an order through our website, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Smith & Goat, Word Store, 36 Orford Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 9NJ, United Kingdom.
Last updated: November 2020
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority here: ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint.